Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Moving on and up

Stats Update: 31 days smoke free

Smoke free days: 31 days
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 930
Total savings: $833.90

WOW. One whole month has gone by, I stopped off at the chemist today
and picked up my (final) repeat of Champix. I didn't even realise the
month was up until I saw the calendar on my PC at work this morning.

I logged in to Quit-line from work today and got a little pop-up asking
how much I'd smoked in the last two weeks. I was very proud to be able
to answer "Not one puff"

Adding to that I haven't felt much in the way of exhaustion either today.

The sun was shining, the birds singing and the spring flowers blooming
all to celebrate my month.

After this I was asked why my quit date and a visual cue on the site
didn't match. My immediate reply "I'm not sure. It's possibly because
when I first signed up I thought you were supposed to take Champix for 2
weeks before giving up so my quit date was a week later than what I
discovered it could be when I actually got the prescription filled.

"I've changed my quit date on here but it only seems to have partially
taken. My auto emails and phone calls are also a week out. [...] I've
just queried their web master about it." started a process I'll deal
with later. Let's just say I'm no longer quite the enthusiastic
supporter of quit-line that I once was,

Now I've moved to my own blogging space I no longer need to worry about
the censorship on quit-line blogs. Let's just say for now I'm no longer
quite the enthusiastic supporter of quit-line that I once was,
Yay ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An earlier version of this posting was originally published on Quit line on Tuesday 7 October 2014.

No comments: